Today when we are thinking about the weight loss & flexibility of the body, one thing which comes to mind immediately i.e. Yoga. Yes, yoga is the solution to all your problem. Yoga helps you lose weight, calms your mind & makes your body more flexible. With yoga, you will lose weight without gaining it again, unlike gym. Yoga is just not an exercise which helps you to lose weight. Here are few yoga asana for weight loss. Yoga offers more benefits like increasing flexibility, balancing your metabolism, improving the respiratory system, increasing your muscle toning, improving your cardio health, stress management & last but not the least weight reduction.
Here are 5 Best Yoga Asana For Weight Loss
1. Bhujangasana or Cobra pose
Bhujangasana or Cobra pose is the most beneficial yoga for those who want to lose their belly fat & also keep their back & neck fit & healthy. It also helps to relieve the back pain & if you keep practising this yoga daily then you will not only get rid of your belly fat but also you would get relieve yourself from the stiff back.
How to do Cobra Pose?
Lie down on your stomach, stretch your legs with your feet close to each other without moving the feet from the floor & shoulder supports the pose on palms. Now you have to raise your head with your breath in & hold that position for 15-30 sec & then come back to its original position with your breath out. While stretching for this position, you will feel the pressure on your back, stomach & Shoulder.
Benefits Of Cobra Pose
- It will release stress from your neck & back.
- It relaxes & softens the muscles of the chest, neck, shoulder & back.
- It reduces the extra fat from your abdomen area & will tone your spinal muscles.
- This asana also boosts your metabolism which helps to lose weight fast.
- It improves your blood circulation.
- It helps to regulate your menstrual cycle properly & relieves the cramps during periods.
- It also helps in coping with stress, fatigue & depression.
- It also helps to clear the congestion of the lungs & reduce the disorder of asthma or any breathing-related problem.
- It helps to correct your body posture if anybody is having a slouching issue on the upper back.
- It also strengthens the reproductive system by enhancing the blood flow to the uterus & ovaries.
2. Dhanurasana – Bow Pose
This asana is wonderful if you want to reduce belly fat. It is a back bending asana in hath yoga.
How to do Dhanurasana?
Lie down on your belly, keep your face straight and then fold your knees & grab the outer edges of your ankles with your hands then pull your legs & keep your body stiff like a bow. Inhale & lift your chest & shoulder in the upwards direction as much as you can, & hold that position for 10-15 seconds then release & come back to your original position.
Benefits Of Bow Pose
- It improves your posture.
- It helps to stimulate digestion
- It helps your hip flexibility
- It helps to strengthen the spine & hamstrings.
3. Setu Bandha Sarvangasana or Bridge Pose
This asana is also having many benefits. It’s an excellent pose for thyroid, weight loss & also for glutes.
How to do Bridge Pose?
Lie down on your back and bend your knees & place your feet firmly on the floor. Arms resting by the sides & legs should be slightly apart to maintain the balance. Now adjust your arms & feet & gradually lift your hip as much as you can & tuck your chin. Try to grab your ankle if you cant then interlace your hands behind your back & hold that position for 15-30 seconds & then release & go back to the original position.
Benefits Of Bridge Pose
- It stretches the spine, chest, neck & hips.
- Improves your blood circulation
- Release tension from your neck & back
- It helps to reduce stress & mild depression
- Stimulates your thyroid glands, lungs and abdominal organs.
- It helps to improve your digestion.
4. Ustrasana (Camel Pose)
This yoga asana is slightly tough & should only be performed if you are not suffering from any back problem.
How to do Camel Pose?
Sit Knee down on your mat. Kneel on the bottom with your knees hipsterism range and your shanks straight and vertical to the bottom. Rest your hands on the top of your buttocks, fingers are pointing down & slightly arch your reverse inwards. Gradually lean back & touch and also hold your heels with your hands. Straighten your spine without putting pressure on your neck. Hold this position for 10-15 seconds.
Benefits Of Camel Pose
- It stretches your abdomen, chest, shoulder, neck, hip & the front of your thigh.
- Reduces the excess fat from thighs & tones them.
- Strength & stretch the shoulder & Back
- Improve posture
- Relieves lower back pain
- Strengthens the thigh muscles & arms
- Release tension from the ovaries
- Cures constipation
- Tones organs of the abdomen, pelvis and neck.
5. Chaturanga Dandasana – Plank Pose
This yoga asana is best to lose belly fat & also tones all the core muscles of the body. It strengthens the wrist, arms & shoulders.
How to do Plank Pose?
Lie down on your belly. Lift your body onto straight arms & balance your toe. Face forward or down. Hold this position as long as you can or else 15-30 seconds.
Benefits Of Plank Pose
- It helps to improve flexibility
- Reduce back pain
- Increase metabolism
- Strengthen your spine
- Initiate the weight loss
- Tone the core muscles of the abdomen.
Hope this information will help & motivate you to include Yoga in your lifestyle to be healthy.